All presentations are held at the Appleton-Whittell Research Ranch (366 Research Ranch Road, Elgin, AZ 85611)
For directions, please email or call the Ranch at 520-455-5522)
Bring adult beverages and a dish to share. We’ll provide tea, coffee and place settings. Don’t forget to bring a friend!
2015 – 2016 Schedule:
- September 12, 2015, 5 pm: Join Hugh Grinnell for: The Expeditions and Discoveries of George Bird Grinnell, Father of Glacier National Park & Founder of the First Audubon Society.
- October 10, 2015, 5 pm: Join Dennis Moroney, BS in Animal Science/Agriculture and Owner of 47 Ranch for a presentation on grass fed beef operations.
- November 14, 2015, 5 pm: Kenneth “Tuk” Jacobson, Raptor Management Coordinator at the Arizona Game & Fish Department, will discuss the status of Bald and Golden eagles.
- January 9, 2016 5 pm: Greg Joder, a wildlife conservation professional, will take a look at Laysan Albatrosses and USFWS research at Midway Atoll.
- February 13, 2016, 5 pm: Join Jeff Sorenson, Native Fish & Invertebrates Program Manager at the Arizona Game and Fish Department, for his presentation: “Snails in the desert? Yep, Arizona is home to hundreds of gastropods.”
- March 12, 2016, 5 pm: Take a look at wells and water with Gary Hix, a water well consultant and professional geologist with In2Wells, LLC.
- April 9, 2016, 5 pm: Learn about the avian impacts of shrub encroachment with Arizona State University’s School of Sustainability’s Erik Andersen.
- May 14, 2016, 5 pm: Join Melissa Amarello for her presentation: “Living with Rattlesnakes.”