Useful links that provide more information about native plants in Arizona.
Resources for Arizona:
- Landscaping for Desert Wildlife (The Arizona Game and Fish Department) – Learn which Arizona native trees, shrubs, cacti, succulents, flowers, and grasses have especially high value for native wildlife.
- Selecting Plants for Pollinators in the American Semidesert and Desert (The Pollinator Partnership) – Offers a list of plants that attract pollinators and information on how to meet pollinators’ needs.
- Landscape Plants for the Arizona Desert (The Arizona Municipal Water Users Association) - Browse hundreds of low-water-use plants. Look for the label "Attracts Wildlife" for plants that will attract birds, hummingbirds, and butterflies.
- Welcome Wildlife to your Garden (the City of Glendale and Glendale Water Services) This excellent resource guides gardeners through the whole process of planning, planting and maintaining a wildlife-friendly garden in the Sonoran Desert.
- Interactive puzzles and activities for students - brought to you by Audubon Adventures.
Resources for any region:
- Create a Wildlife Garden (National Wildlife Foundation) - Learn general principles on how to create a garden that attracts wildlife by providing food, water, cover and a place for wildlife to raise their young.
- Creating a Healthy Yard (Audubon) - Take a habitat inventory, develop an action plan, and learn more about gardening basics and bird habitat necessities.