Learn the information you need to know to help protect Arizona's rivers!
Use these resources to learn all you need to know to take action protecting Arizona's rivers!
- Audubon's Western Water Program - Birds and Water in the Arid West.
- Bureau of Reclamation - August 24-Month Study for the Lower Colorado Region.
- Executive Summary - Water and Birds in the Arid West: Habitats in Decline. The National Audubon Society. July, 2017.
- Storymap: Tracing the Path of the Colorado River. The Arizona Republic, AZ Central. June 2017.
- The Outdoor Recreation Economy. Outdoor Industry Association, 2017.
- WRAN Webinar: Keeping Beer (and Rivers) Flowing – how craft breweries are taking action for Arizona’s rivers: Presented by: Danielle McPherson, WaterNow Alliance and AZ Pure Water Brew Challenge and Chase Saraiva, Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company.
- WRAN Webinar: Governor's Water Augmentation Council - Recycled Water Committee: Presented by: John Kmiec - Water Director, Marana Water.
- WRAN Webinar: Santa Cruz River: Presented by Claire Zugmeyer - Lead Ecologist for the Sonoran Institute's Sun Corridor Legacy Program.
- WRAN Webinar: Tres Rios Wetlands: Presented by: Cynthia Campbell - Water Resources Manager and Policy Advisor, City of Phoenix.
- WRAN Webinar: A 21st Century Colorado River Budget: Presented by: Karen Hyun, Director of Water and Coastal Policy - National Audubon Society.
- Arizona Department of Water Resources Planning Area Meetings and Information
- 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation. US Fish and Wildlife Service, 2011.
2017 Conservation in the West Poll. Collorado College State of the Rockies Prokect.
Arizona Department of Water Resources: An end-of-year report, of sorts: Why Water Resources is putting more resources into informing the public about what we do. Arizona Department of Water Resources. January, 2017.
Binational Study of the Transboundary San Pedro Aquifer. Callegary, J.B., Minjárez Sosa, I., Tapia Villaseñor, E.M., dos Santos, P., Monreal Saavedra, R., Grijalva Noriega, F.J., Huth, A.K., Gray, F., Scott, C.A., Megdal, S.B., Oroz Ramos, L.A., Rangel Medina, M., Leenhouts, J.M., 2016, San Pedro River Aquifer Bination al Report: International Boundary and Water Commission
A Global water map: new resource for scientific studies. Marc Montgomery, Radio Canada International. January, 2017.
- 2016 Winter Webinars
- Agua Dulce - Tucson Water's plan to return flow to the Santa Cruz: Presented by Presented by Timothy M. Thomure, PE, ENV SP, Director of Tucson Water. Facilitated by Audubon Arizona Education Director Cathy Wise. View Timothy's presentation here.
- Introducing the Verde River Exchange Water Offset Program: Presented by: Jocelyn Gibbon, J.D.--Principal, Freshwater Policy Consulting, LLC. Jocelyn coordinates the Exchange on behalf of Friends of Verde River Greenway. View Jocelyn's presentation here.
- Governor's Water Augmentation Council Meetings and Information
- Governor Doug Ducey's Arizona Water Initiative
- Colorado River Policy: Opportunities for Tangible Progress
- The Colorado River: A Roadmap for the Secretary of the Interior
- Study: Next US president must act fast on Colorado River. Ken Ritter, Associated Press. October 2016
- Talking Water: An AZ WRAN Summer Webinar Series
- Arizona Contributions to Address Lake Mead's Structural Deficit. Amy McCoy. AZ WRAN "Talking Water" Series. July 20, 2016
- Groundwater Management and Adjudication in Arizona. Sarah Porter and Kathleen Ferris. AZ WRAN "Talking Water" Series. August 3, 2016
- Arizona's Native Trout Program: Julie Carter and Brad Powell. AZ WRAN "Talking Water" Series. September 7, 2016 (View Julie's PowerPoint here and Brad's here)
- River Funding and Restoration Efforts: Jennifer Pitt and Scott Deeny., AZ WRAN "Talking Water" Series. Seotember 21, 2016
- Every Drop Counts: This video explores the complex puzzle of Arizona's water challenges and how groups like The Nature Conservancy are working to maximize efficiency so there is water for our future
- LOOKING UPSTREAM: Analysis of low water levels in Lake Powell and the impacts on Water Supply, Hydropower, Recreation, and the Environment. Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and the Western Water Policy Program. Spring 2016
- Community Discussion Summary Statements: From Community Outreach Programs Following the 107th Arizona Town Hall - Keeping Arizona's Glass Half Full. Arizona Town Hall, June 2016.
- Colorado River Shortage Briefing Webinar - Clint Chandler, Daniel Bunk, Ted Cooke, Arizona Department of Water Resources and Central Arizona Project, May 2016
- Lower Basin Drought Contingency Proposal Fact Sheet - Arizona Department of Water Resources, May 2016
- Colorado River Shortage Briefing Presentation Slides - Clint Chandler, Daniel Bunk, Ted Cooke, Arizona Department of Water Resources and Central Arizona Project, May 2016
- State of the Rockies: 2016 Water Summary - Colorado College
- AZ Town Hall - Keeping Arizona's Glass Half Full - Highlights of the 107th Arizona Town Hall
- WRAN Talking Points
- Senate Bills 1268 and 1400 - AZ WRAN Chapter Sign-On Letter
- Tucson Audubon Society comments to the Benson Planning and Zoning Commission re: Villages at Vigneto. December 2015
- Tucson Audubon Society letter to the Army Corps of Engineers re: Villages at Vigneto. July 2015
- State of the Trout - 2015. Trout Unlimited. June, 2015.
- Shift Happens: A Brown Bag Seminar. Learn about Audubon's Climate Report and what it means for western rivers and other critical habitats. Presented by Audubon Arizona's Tice Supplee and facilitated by the University of Arizona's Water Resources Research Center. April, 2015.
- Video: Business of Water. Protect the Flows, 2015
- Building a 21st Century Colorado River Budget - Key Funding Programs in the Colorado River Basin
- State of the Rockies: 2015 Arizona Report - Colorado College
- Protect the Flows: 2015 ASU Study on the Economics of the River
- Poll: Education and Water should be Arizona's top priorities. Arizona State University, February 24, 2015.
- "How to be an Effective Advocate in Less Than Five Minutes". The National Audubon Society
- "Tips for Meeting With Elected Officials". The National Audubon Society
- "Tips for Successful Advocacy Meetings". SP Consultants
- "The Right to Write: Sending Paper Mail in an Internet World". The National Audubon Society
- "Capitol Hill Terms and Definitions". Audubon Arizona, adapted from www.Congress.org
- "Policy Options for Water Management in the Verde Valley". The Nature Conservancy